1. The name shall be “Kenwood Ladies’ Pond Association”.
2. The purposes of the Association shall be:
(a) to represent the views and interests of the users of the Pond to the authority responsible for Hampstead Heath;
(b) to promote the interests of the users of the Pond so that it may continue to provide for women and girls, irrespective of race, disability, class or sexual orientation, a quiet , peaceful place to swim and relax;
(c) to seek to co-operate with staff in the proper running and maintenance of the Pond.
3. Membership shall be open to all users of the Pond. The Management Committee shall be empowered to refuse or withdraw membership to any woman acting against the interests of the Association.
4. Each member shall pay an annual subscription. The financial year shall run from 1 April to 31 March. The subscription shall be reviewed annually at the Annual General Meeting. Annual subscription is payable by 1 April each year. Those who have not paid by 31 May for the previous year will be deemed to have lapsed their membership.
Management of the Association
5. The affairs of the Association shall be co-ordinated by a Management Committee of not less than eight women who are regular users of the Pond, elected by the members of the Association at the Annual General Meeting. Any vacancies that occur during a year may be filled by co-option by the Management Committee. A quorum for meetings of the Management Committee shall be six. (“Regular users” shall include those who regularly swim winter and summer; those known to be regular summer swimmers; and others accepted as having a special interest in the Pond).
Annual General Meeting
6. The business of the Annual General Meeting shall include election of a Chair, a Secretary and a Treasurer (the Officers of the Association), who shall all by virtue of those offices be members of the Management Committee. The Management Committee shall call an Annual General Meeting and shall submit a report of the Association’s activities during that year. The Annual General Meeting shall not be held later than the end of March each year. At least 14 days’ clear notice of the meeting shall be given to all members of the Association. The Management Committee may call any other general meeting which it considers necessary, normally giving 14 days’ clear notice to the members of the Association. Members may, on making written representation to the Management Committee, call for the convening of a General Meeting and shall give reasons for the holding of such a meeting. At least 14 days’ clear notice of such a special meeting shall be given to the members of the Association together with the agenda for such a meeting. At any General Meeting a quorum shall be not less than 10% of total membership.
7. Amendments to the constitution shall be made only at an Annual General Meeting or a special General Meeting. Proposed amendments shall be sponsored by not less than six members and notice of the precise wording shall be given in writing to all members not less than 21 days before the meeting. Such amendments to the Constitution shall require a majority of not less than two thirds of the voting members present at that meeting.
8. The Treasurer shall maintain a record of income and expenditure and shall submit at the Annual General Meeting a statement thereof. Any significant expenditure by the Association shall be pre-authorised by a quorum of the Management Committee.